SEPTEMBER 1 – SEPTEMBER 30
Throughout the month of September, Barrio will be teaming up with the Greater Chicago Food Depository to help reduce hunger in the city of Chicago. For every Guacamole Flight sold, $1 will be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Dine with us all month long!
Saturday, February 1 • 10am
Barrio & YOGA 2.0 present Sweat & Sip, a yoga class in Barrio’s private dining room followed by brunch bites and sips in the Barrio Bar. Join fitness instructor Daniele Presto as you are guided through a 60-minute yoga flow & body strength class (all levels welcome) from 10am – 11am, followed by a mimosa and brunch bites in the bar area.
Corn Elotes • Made At Home!
2 roasted corn on the cob
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped epazote
1 tbsp mayo
1/2 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tsp cotija cheese
salt to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1. Roast corn on the cob on the grill or under the broil.
2. Let corn cool and shuck off the cob.
3. In a saute pan melt butter and add charred corn.
4. Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds.
5. Add epazote and cook for an additional one min.
6. Take off heat and add in mayo, sour cream, lime juice, and cotija cheese. Season with salt to taste
7. Plate and garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, cilantro and more cotija cheese.
“Executive chef Katsuji Tanabe takes esquites, a popular Mexican street food, and reinvents it in croquette form at River North’s Barrio.” – Better.net
Click here to view the full article
“If you’re looking for boring, stay far away from Barrio, chef Katsuji Tanabe’s sprawling River North hotspot.” – Eater
Click here for the full article
“Served every weekend, Barrio’s brunch menu’s three juices are created using the freshest ingredients with additional fruit and vegetable extracts for added health benefits and flavor” -Forbes
Click here to view full article
“The Basic Bitch at Barrio is the cocktail of the summer.” – What Should We Do
Click here to view the article