SUPER SUNDAY CHARRED VEGETABLE & BLACK BEAN SALSA
MAKE IT AT HOME, COMPLIMENT’S OF BARRIO’S EXECUTIVE CHEF KATSUJI TANABE
1 ea red bell pepper, small diced
1 ea poblano pepper, small diced
1/2 red onion, small diced
2 ears fresh corn, removed from cob
3 ea roma tomatoes, halved
3-4 ea chile de árbol
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 fresh lime
Salt to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine diced bell pepper, poblano pepper, red onion and corn. Toss to coat in vegetable oil and place on baking pan.
2. Pre-heat broiler to high. Once ready, put the baking pan of vegetables on the oven rack under broiler and slightly char, stirring often.
3. On a separate pan, add halved roma tomatoes cut side down and chile de árbol and also char under the broiler.
4. Place charred tomatoes & chile de árbol to a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Add tomato puree and slightly charred vegetables back to mixing bowl along with black beans and cilantro.
6. Toss well with fresh lime juice and season to your liking with salt. Adjust lime and salt as needed.
7. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite crudités.